Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy June

Here it is! June=summer=cram in all the things you've been dreaming will make Chicago worth it in next two months. Now that we're on the other side of (the most gorgeous and unbeatable) Memorial Day Weekend (ever), it's go time. This creates quite a sense of urgency. Constantly checking in on the following:

  • How much sunlight have I absorbed today?
  • When was the last time I ate ice cream while walking outside?
  • What festivals are going on this weekend, and I can attend multiple on the same day?
  • When will I (not can I) get to the farmer's market this week?
  • How many frozen fruity drinks have I blended this week? If they have not been consumed on a deck or porch, -.5. The average should be around 3 per week.

And, begin.

Just a few thoughts on Memorial Day:

-One of my favorite holidays. Beginning of summer, three day weekend. Three day weekends change my perspective on my entire life, and that's true.
-This one was fabulous. The weekend, anyway--the actual day I was in traffic on the way back to Chicago. Anyway, all the Michiganders I talked to said it was the most beautiful Memorial Day weekend they could remember.
-I discovered they make 100 SPF sunscreen. Pretty amazing, although I stuck with 55, because a little bit of sun is just plain better looking.
-Two ice cream stops in one day makes sense once in a while, especially if one is immediately following breakfast.

No comments: